We measure success throughout each project, from concept to completion, but ultimately it is your level of satisfaction — as our client and customer — that is the most significant measure.
“By involving the MGC team early in our design process, we received invaluable insight into the construction challenges of our projects, and their value engineering suggestions resulted in significant savings. The MGC team brought together an excellent group of subcontractors on each project. As a customer, we were always treated with courtesy, fairness and respect. The results were high quality projects completed in a truly collaborative environment, on time, on budget, and in conformance with project plans and specifications. I can wholeheartedly recommend MGC.”
- Gregory D. Keil, COO, Barr Engineering, in regards to general contracting services provided for the 2007 and 2014 conversion of buildings located in Hibbing and Duluth for office space.
“Thank you to everyone working on the NICU — for all of your hard work and long hours to pull this project together to meet a tough deadline. It looks absolutely fantastic — all because of your great employees who went above and beyond to make this happen!”
- Jeffrey S. Traux, Project Manager, Essentia Health East
“Max Gray has provided excellent service to us over the past several years. Surprises found by your crews were worked out to resolve the obstacles. These unanticipated problems were communicated to us and to the architect. A course of action was agreed upon and executed to satisfaction — from demolition to project completion. At all times, your supervisors and crews were courteous and respectful to our patients and staff. We thank you and highly recommend Max Gray.”
- Elizabeth G. Storm, COO, Scenic Rivers Health Services, in regards to three medical and dental clinic renovation projects in Cook and Tower, MN.
“The Chisholm-Hibbing Airport Authority (CHAA) solicited a competitive request for qualifications in 2010 for a construction manager at risk. Max Gray Construction was awarded the work based on qualifications, experience, team approach capabilities and the potential cost benefits of utilizing a qualified, local firm. The Arrowhead Hangar Project was designed and constructed in 2011. The interior operations and aesthetics function as a like-new facility. The project was completed on time and on budget, providing our medical helicopter operator an ideal working environment. The CHAA would highly recommend Max Gray Construction as a construction manager at risk based on our experience working with their knowledgeable staff, ability to meet schedules/budgets and to efficiently respond to project challenges.”
- Shaun J. Germolus, Executive Director, Range Regional Airport
“This project had an extremely tight construction schedule and despite minor setbacks along the way, Max Gray completed the project as originally scheduled. Their ability to resolve complex issues — whether contract or design related — aided in the successful, timely completion of the project. Upon project completion, a full detailed cost of accounting was received and resulted in an overall savings to our agreed upon GMP. I would highly recommend Max Gray for any commercial construction project.”
- Mark E. Aukamp, Manager, Archway Development LLC, in regards to Construction Management at Risk services provided for a 29,000 square foot LEED Silver Certified facility located in Rapid City, SD.
“On behalf of the entire Barr Engineering project team, I would like to extend a sincere thank you to Max Gray for all of the hard work, commitment and dedication put forth to make our project a complete success. As project manager, armed with a tight budget and an aggressive schedule, I was skeptical about finding the right general contractor for the project — one that would look at the project as Barr did — as an owner with quality, integrity, budget and schedule. From the start, your commitment to excellence and doing the right thing has never faltered. Your years of experience and knowledge as well as the expertise of your entire team, was tested each week. Selecting the right sub-contractors, utilizing your highly skilled in-house labor, negotiating the best financial deal for Barr and managing your way through the mountain of details were admirable.”
- Laurie Olson, Relocation Strategies, Inc.
“I want to express thanks and congratulations to your staff for a successful project that fully met our expectations. The craftsmanship and professionalism exhibited was outstanding. All of the subcontractors and laborers who worked on the project showed respect and attention to detail that was appreciated by all of us on the Forest Service project team.”
- Randy W. Lloyd, Contracting Officer, U.S. Department of Agriculture, in regards to services provided for the Kawishiwi District Ranger Office in Ely, MN.
“As the project coordinator for WITC Superior’s multimillion dollar addition and remodel, I was concerned about the project’s budget, completion timeline and onsite safety. Max Gray’s employees worked diligently to make sure that we minimized change orders and cost overages. In addition, the company worked with WITC to take advantage of its tax-exempt status. Max Gray met our deadline in spite of unforeseen barriers. I am happy to say that our students experienced very little disruption (and) on several occasions, Max Gray employees informed our staff of areas where we could improve safety. WITC had a very positive experience with Max Gray Construction. I would highly recommend them to any entity considering a major construction project.”
- John Will, Vice President, Administrative Services, WITC
“I have completed three retail development projects with Max Gray Construction, Inc. Two of the projects were retail strip malls; the third was a new Walgreens. In each case, I found them to be highly skilled and professional in their approach to the building project as well as their interactions with owners, architects, subcontractors and my tenants. All projects were completed on time and within budget. As with all construction projects, there were unexpected situations and challenges that were resolved expeditiously and professionally to my satisfaction by the professionals at Max Gray. I would recommend them to others.”
- Jay Moore, Project Development, Oppidan, Inc.
“MGC provided the high-quality product required for this historic preservation and renovation project. MGC was a constant source of creative solutions as undiscovered conditions emerged. They were conscientious and timely with their responses to inquiries and always maintained a cooperative working relationship.”
- William K. Priggie, Minnesota-Wisconsin Technical Team Supervisor, U.S. General Services Administration, in regards to the Phase 1 Postal Lobby Renovation located in the Federal Building of the U.S. Courthouse in Duluth, MN.
“Both projects had extremely tight construction budgets and ambitious construction timelines. We found that Max Gray Construction has met or exceeded our expectations. They assigned top quality project managers and construction foremen to our projects, which meant that our expected quality assurance also prevailed.”
- Terry L. Groshiong, City Project Architect, City of Duluth, in regards to construction services provided for the Garfield Public Works & Utilities Building and the Grant Recreation Center located in Duluth, MN.
“We would give Max Gary our highest recommendation—the quality of their work was excellent!”
- Anthony E. Kuznik, President, Hibbing Community College, in regards to general contracting services provided for a $21.5 million educational facility building project.
“I have always found Max Gray staff to be very responsive to the owner’s needs. When a problem did develop, they were always willing to do their part to resolve the issue. They demand quality workmanship from all subcontractors that work on a project under their direction. I believe this company has the experience and capability to take a project from concept to finished product, and do it as economically as possible.”
- David M. Skelton, Deputy Public Works Director, Saint Louis County, in regards to work done at the Richard H. Hansen Transportation Complex in Pike Lake, MN and the St. Louis County Rescue Squad Building.
“Max Gray began the project (on the Duluth Airport Authority’s Maintenance Facility) on time and maintained the proposed schedule throughout construction. Max Gray’s staff was dedicated to ensure timelines were met and subcontractor’s performance met their standards. Much emphasis was given to detail during the project to ensure the facility was constructed in a professional manner. The DAA highly recommends Max Gray for your construction requirements.”
- Shaun Germolus, Director of Operations, Duluth Airport Authority
“I would like to give an excellent reference for Max Gray Construction. The DECC would not hesitate to hire Max Gray Construction for future projects.”
- Daniel J. Russell, Executive Director, Duluth Entertainment Convention Center, in regards to a major renovation completed for the UMD locker and training facility.